TERMS & CONDITIONS – CLEARANCES & RUBBISH REMOVALS
We quote for jobs before beginning them, and subject to none of the below becoming operative the quoted price stands and is what you will pay on completion.
We have no desire to ‘trip up’ our customers, and as such changes may or may not lead to a change in price, depending on the exact circumstances.
CHANGES TO THE JOB
Any changes to the job after quoting can affect the price and may invalidate the original quote. Examples of these include, but are not limited to:
- Items being added to the clearance
- Items being removed from the clearance
- Damage or change of functionality of an item prior to the beginning of the job
- Change of date and/or time as requested by the customer
- Change of deadline as requested by the customer
- Change of location of any or all of the items
New information not provided before quoting can affect the price and may invalidate the original quote. Examples of this include, but are not limited to:
- Restrictions in access for the van and/or workers
- Non functionality of items previously declared by the customer as functional
- Waste materials not declared by the customer or not known by either party, such as plasterboard
- Mixed waste declared by the customer to be waste of one kind (e.g: a ‘bag of rubble’ which contains other materials such as wood, metal etc)
- Waste not declared by the customer or not known by either party (e.g: a carpet under a carpet)
You may be charged waiting time if:
- Neither yourself nor anyone else acting on your behalf can provide access to a property at an agreed time
- Neither yourself nor anyone else acting on your behalf arrives for an agreed time during the job or on completion of the job (e.g: to hand the keys back)
LATE CANCELLATIONS & REARRANGEMENTS
- You may be partially charged or lose your deposit (if you paid one) if cancelling a job on the same day that it is due to take place. A non-appearance from the customer is deemed as a cancellation.
- You may be charged extra if rearranging the job on the same day that it is originally due to take place. This is particularly likely if rearranging within one hour of the scheduled start time.
All quotes expire and lose their validity 30 days after being made.